This policy describes how Nai’a Life (collectively, “Nai’a Life”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares your personal information.
This document addresses the following points:
What We Collect
How We Use Your Personal Information
How We Share Your Personal Information
How We Protect Your Information
Communicating With Us
Changes To This Policy
The following are examples of the personal information we collect:
Registering on our website – Name and email address
Purchasing on our website – Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, and telephone number
Membership registration – Name, full birthday, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address
Community (Group, page, SM pages, etc) – Any information about yourself that you choose to submit or post on our social media channels, or that relates to your activities in the Nai’a Life Community such as your: nickname, Instagram/YouTube handles, personal characteristics, or any comment or information to choose to submit or post.
Sweepstakes and contests – Name, email address, and age
Product Availability Notifications – Name and email address
In addition, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your
activities on our websites.
● Cookies. 1
● Flash Cookies. 2
● Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags. 3
● Web server logs. 4
● Geo-location technologies. 5
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
Nai’a Life primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history, suggest products, and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
Nai’a Life may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
● Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us (including affiliates acting in this capacity), such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
● Joint Marketing Partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product or service. These joint marketing partners may only use this information to market and offer Nai’a Life-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses. Additionally, to the extent permitted by law, Nai’a Life’s joint marketing partners may share your personal information with us to better serve you.
● Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
● Other instances. Nai’a Life may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
● Business transition. Nai’a Life may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of Nai’a Life, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. Nai’a Life may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
Nai’a Life may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
● Aggregate information. We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
● Behavioral-based advertising. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
The file containing your personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is accessible by our authorized employees, agents and mandataries who require access in order to perform their job functions. We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
Updating or Correcting the Personal Information relating to Your Account – You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, security questions, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “My Account” page, calling +1 (424) 243-6727.
Receiving newsletters and promotional emails – You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive.
Behavioral Based Advertising – You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by clicking here or by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
Remove content from social media – You can remove content that you posted on a Client public space or social media. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.
You can opt out of targeted and Behavioral Based advertising by visiting these pages and following the instructions:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact Nai’a Life’s Chief Privacy Officer by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
Chief Privacy Officer: Jessica Warner
1300 Ave Des Draveurs Apt 501
Trois-Rivieres Quebec G9A 0E3
Phone number: +1 (424) 243-6727
Email address: [email protected]
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
1 “Cookies” are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our web pages, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
2 Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
3 Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
4 Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the web pages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
5 Geo location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.